- Master of Laws (VUB)
- Master of Corporate Law (KU Leuven Brussels Campus)
- Postgraduate Advisor Family businesses (KU Leuven Brussels Campus)
- Postgraduate cycle official receiver - liquidator (KU Leuven/UA)
- Master Class Procurement Management and Public Procurement (AMS)
- Various additional (business economics) courses including business economics and mergers & acquisitions (University of Antwerp Management School, now AMS)
Koen joined the firm after his previous career with the Federal Judicial Police. He specialised in and is mainly active in economic law, corporate and liability law and contract law in a broad business context. He also has special expertise in public procurement, disciplinary and (corporate) criminal law.
As a bankruptcy liquidator, he is specifically knowledgeable on the topics of insolvency and restructuring.